benefits of drinking water: Water is the essence of life and is necessary for the manufacture and proper functioning of every cell in the body. It is an essential nutrient for the body.
70% of the composition of our body is water. It is an essential element to keep it healthy because, in addition to cleaning the body and eliminating toxins, it is an effective vehicle for transporting the vitamins and mineral salts that our cells need.
- Why should you drink water?
- Relieves fatigue
- Avoid headaches and migraines
- Helps in digestion and prevents constipation
- Helps maintain the beauty of the skin
- Regulates body temperature
- Reduces the risk of cancer
- Improves the immune system
- Reduces the risk of heart problems
- Solve bad breath
- Helps to lose weight
- Note this also:
Due to its physical and chemical characteristics, water has several functions within our body: the maintenance of blood volume, the transport of nutrients and oxygen, it serves as a solvent in many metabolic processes and actively participates as a reagent in many chemical reactions, in regulating body temperature and eliminating waste products.
The hydration of our body is essential for many processes that have to do with health to develop correctly. These are the benefits of drinking water, following the recommendations to consume between a liter and a half and two liters a day.
Why should you drink water?
Water is used by the body to eliminate toxins and waste products that it does not need. When there is less water in the body, the heart has to work harder to pump oxygenated blood to all cells and other major organs, and that can cause fatigue. In addition, when approaching a state of dehydration, the body will decrease muscle performance, which causes that feeling of fatigue.
To find out more: The best foods help anxiety
Avoid headaches and migraines
In most cases, the main reason for headaches and migraines is dehydration. Eliminating these discomforts, which can also occur in other parts of the body such as the back, is one of the benefits of drinking two liters of water a day. Test it!
Helps in digestion and prevents constipation
When we drink enough water the rate of metabolism increases, that is, the food we eat is broken down properly. In this way, one of the benefits of drinking water on an empty stomach is helping the digestive system to function properly, preventing constipation and improving digestion, which in turn has an impact on disease prevention and a better quality of life.
Helps maintain the beauty of the skin
Among the benefits of drinking plenty of water is the replacement of skin tissues, as well as its hydration and increased elasticity. Drinking water also helps skin with scars, acne, wrinkles, and other symptoms of aging.
Regulates body temperature
The thermal properties of water and its ability to release heat from the body when sweat evaporates from the surface of the skin are helpful in maintaining body temperature throughout the day. Well-regulated body temperature will make us feel more energetic and help us keep our muscles and joints lubricated and gain resistance in the ligaments, which reduces the risk of cramps and sprains. It is a simple solution that can benefit not only athletes and sportsmen but the entire population.
Reduces the risk of cancer
Some studies indicate that another benefit of drinking water is a lower risk of suffering from some types of cancer, such as bladder and colon cancer, since adequate hydration affects the proper functioning of the kidneys and the immune and digestive system.
Improves the immune system
When the body receives the proper amount of water, it improves the immune system. More specifically, this helps the body fight diseases like the flu and heart attacks. It also contributes significantly to other health problems such as rheumatism, arthritis, kidney stones, etc.
Reduces the risk of heart problems
At Loma Linda University, in California, a study was conducted involving 20,000 healthy people who drank 5 glasses of water a day, who had a lower rate of cardiovascular problems compared to those who only drank 2 glasses a day. The general recommendation is to drink around 8 glasses a day.
Don’t miss: The best foods with sodium
Solve bad breath
Bad breath is a clear sign that the body needs more water. Saliva helps your mouth to rid itself of bacteria and keep your tongue hydrated. For this reason, every time we have bad breath, the first thing we should do is drink a lot of water. In addition, the secretion of saliva is a natural protector of the teeth, so drinking water also contributes to reducing dental disease.
Helps to lose weight
Another of the characteristics of water is that it helps to eliminate the by-products of fat. When drinking water, the stomach fills up, which makes us lose our appetite a bit. Water contains no calories, fat, carbohydrates, or sugar, and is a great replacement for high-calorie drinks.
Note this also:
The 10 benefits of adequate drinking water intake are:
- Reduces the risk of heart problems by reducing the rate of cardiovascular problems.
- It reduces the chances of viral infections such as the common flu or influenza, bacterial infections and the possibility in asthmatics of suffering an acute attack, because the water hydrates the mucous membranes that line the nose, throat, bronchial tubes and lungs.
- It helps in the digestive process and to maintain an adequate intestinal transit avoiding constipation.
- It benefits the brain. It relies on water to work more efficiently.
- It prevents the formation of kidney stones as well as their proper elimination in people susceptible to forming them and reduces the possibility of developing urinary infections.
- Keeps skin soft and hydrated, hair shine and nails healthy.
- It reduces the risk of colon problems by 45% and the chances of developing bladder cancer in half.
- Reduces the risk of breast cancer by 79%.
- Helps with cramps. Proper hydration helps keep joints and muscles lubricated. Water is one of the main elements associated with muscle cramps. Therefore it is recommended to drink water before, during and after exercise.
- It gives you energy. The most common cause of fatigue during the day is mild dehydration. Even minor dehydration can make you tired, give you a headache, and cause you to lose focus.