healthy snacks for work to lose weight: you often get hungry at work? To avoid having to quench your appetite with calorie-rich industrial products, here are some ideas for preparing healthy snacks.
We eat breakfast, eat and even have a snack in the office. We spend many hours on it and our nutritional habits in the workplace can end up taking their toll in the form of extra kilos. SEEDO has developed a guide to improving these habits and knowing what to eat at work to gain health and control weight.
Returning to work in person this September can be a real danger to our weight that could add to the couple of kilos gained during the holidays.
A survey conducted by the Society for the Study of Obesity (SEEDO) nationwide among two thousand workers reveals that:
- 76.4% have eating habits at work between “somewhat and not at all healthy” . In addition, 50% define their work as sedentary.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
Obviously, there is a long way between those who say they have somewhat healthy habits and those who recognize that theirs are not healthy at all, but what the study does reveal is that the vast majority of Spaniards can improve in this regard . And it is important that they do so.
- “The habits that we have in the work context will be decisive for having an adequate weight and good health at a nutritional and general level , “ says Dr. Manuel Gargallo , member of SEEDO and specialist in Endocrinology and Nutrition at the Infanta Leonor University Hospital and of the Jiménez Díaz Foundation.
WHAT DO SPANIARDS EAT AT WORK?
We spend an average of 8.5 hours a day at our workplace, and this is when we do most of our total food consumption.
According to the SEEDO study:
- 32% eat breakfast at work .
- 29.3% eat lunch and 25.3% eat.
- 22.9% bite something .
- A 13.5% snack.
- 9% even dinner.
- 6.2% take the aperitif.
- Only 8.4 do not eat anything .
Regarding the foods that are most consumed at work :
- 63.3% drink coffee, infusions or tea .
- 41.7% eat fruit .
- 41.5% take home-made food from a container .
- 31.7% eat sandwiches , 23.2% dairy and 20.6% nuts.
- 14.3% go to the restaurant .
- 12.3% eat salty snacks .
- 4.3% eat precooked and 3.6% fast food .
The most consumed beverages are water (77.3), followed by coffee or tea, and 11.1% drink soft drinks .
As a result of this analysis, SEEDO experts led by Dr. Gargallo have prepared a guide on “Recommendations to prevent Obesity in the workplace” that we can all put into practice when we return to work.
TIPS FOR EATING WELL AND HEALTHY AT WORK
Whether you eat from the menu in the company dining room or restaurant, or if you take the container from home, it is advisable to keep in mind a series of premises.
- Review the dishes to choose well and opt for foods rich in fiber and antioxidants .
- Do not forget that every day you must eat cereals, 2-3 pieces of fruit and at least two servings of greens and / or vegetables .
- Every week you have to consume legumes 2-3 times . Keep this in mind when making your choice.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- Remember that for dessert the best option is always fruit .
- And, very important, if the portions are large, take only one plate .
- When you prepare it at home, do not fill the container directly with the food. First, place the food on a plate to calculate the portion and then pour it into the container.
- As carbohydrates, opt for pasta and/or rice. They are easy to carry, can be eaten hot or cold, and satisfy hunger. Alternate them with legumes or cooked potatoes, which are also a source of carbohydrates.
- Cooked or raw vegetables are the most abundant ingredient and can be used as a garnish for a protein dish or combined with pasta or rice in the form of salads.
- For the protein ration, opt for fish (tuna, salmon, sardines, hake …) canned or baked, combined in salads or garnished with vegetables. You can also choose grilled or roasted lean meats (chicken or turkey). For a change, you can have eggs in an omelette or scrambled.
- As for the proportions, the advice is that half of the container is made up of vegetables and the other half is divided between the protein ration and carbohydrates .
- And for dessert, fruit or natural yogurt .
It is a good habit not to arrive with a ravenous hunger at mealtime.
- The three best options are a fruit , a natural yogurt or a toast of whole wheat bread with tomato and extra virgin olive oil.
The water should be the priority drink.
- Two liters a day are recommended and the ideal is to take them largely throughout the working day.
- If you drink infusions, better with non-caloric sweeteners.
SEEDO insists on the importance of maintaining an active life even if we have a sedentary job .
- Walking to work if possible , getting off one stop earlier on public transportation, or taking the stairs instead of the elevator are all ways to introduce physical activity into our daily routine.
- And after the workday, the advice is to always do some sport. In addition to keeping us in shape, it drives away stress.
healthy snacks for work to lose weight
Baked vegetable chips
If french fries are your perdition, vegetable chips are the perfect alternative. Choose your favorite vegetables (carrots, courgettes, beets, etc.) and then:
- Cut them into thin strips.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet.
- Brush them with olive oil and aromatic herbs (oregano, pepper, rosemary, curry, etc.).
- Bake for about 20 minutes at medium temperature.
- Let them cool so they become crunchy.
- Put them in a silicone bag to take them to work – they will last several days.
Fruit yogurt, cinnamon and dark chocolate
Natural yogurts, with no added sugar, are the best options. You can choose a natural whole, skim, Greek or soy yogurt , according to your needs.
Thanks to the flavor of fruit, cinnamon and dark chocolate, this recipe will be sweet and appetizing for the palate. Another important fact to take into account is that dark chocolate must contain at least 70% cocoa.
- You can vary the fruit from time to time, in order to have more possibilities.
- Mix everything in a container that you can carry.
You may also be interested in reading: The best 15 Brain food health
healthy snacks for work to lose weight of oat and banana cookies
If you love to eat biscuits at all hours, here is a recipe for healthy biscuits, simple to prepare and which only includes 2 ingredients.
- First, mash a very ripe banana with the help of a fork and mix it with oat flakes (about 300 g).
- If you wish, add some ground cinnamon, dried or dried fruit, such as raisins or nuts.
- Then divide the dough into small portions, roughly the amount contained in a spoon.
- Put them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and cook for 15-20 minutes at 180 ° C; then let it cool.
You will be surprised by the goodness of these cookies! Keep them in a tightly closed glass jar.
Cottage cheese with baby carrots
It is a healthy, low-calorie snack. Cottage cheese is not a real cheese, but a dairy product made from whey . It is obtained by fermenting the whey that is left over from the cheese making.
They are a great choice if you want to lose weight because they are low in fat. They are also suitable if you want to increase muscle mass because they contain four times more protein than milk. You can eat them with baby carrots, which are easy to carry, or with cherry tomatoes.
Chia and fruit pudding
This pudding makes a great mid-morning or mid-afternoon choice when at work. You can take it in a small glass jar. Chia is a seed rich in fiber and polyunsaturated fatty acids, such as Omega-3 and 6.
For this reason, as numerous scientific studies report, it helps prevent problems such as hypertension, cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. Furthermore, it contains soluble fibers, in particular mucilage , which in contact with a liquid form a gel; this prolongs the feeling of satiety.
- To eat chia seeds in the form of pudding, you need to mix 3 tablespoons with 200 ml of milk or vegetable drink.
- You will have to keep this mixture for a few hours in the refrigerator, so that it becomes jelly.
- Then add any fruit you like as a garnish: mango, strawberries, kiwi, etc.
- Prepare it in the evening so that it is ready for the next day and you can take it with you to work.
Edamame soy pods among the healthy snacks to take to work
Originating in Asian gastronomy, this is a healthy snack that will make you addict like cashews. To prepare them, you just have to soak the soy pods in boiling water with salt for 3 to 5 minutes, drain and then… they’re ready! We advise you to accompany them with seeds, paprika or soy sauce.
Why eat edamame? It provides a good source of vegetable protein and micronutrients such as calcium, iron and manganese, but also vitamins C, K, and B9. It also contains isoflavones, which are great for health.
Have fun eating these healthy snacks and make them trendy at work! These are undoubtedly options that will help you take care of both your figure and your health.
Vegetarian Near Me: Order Ahead Online for Pick … – Taco Bell-taco bell menu vegetarian
If you liked the post about healthy snacks for work to lose weight you can share it on your favorite social networks (Twitter, Facebook, etc.…), ← you have different icons to click. Every day there will be new recipes and tricks for you, Follow us on Facebook @buzzrecipes12