Palak panner: sometimes once I know that the week is coming complicated I buy frozen Indian food and of all the dishes my absolute favorite is that the Palak Paneer which might be creamy spinach with sautéed paneer cheese (similar to fresh cheese), I even have also eaten it fresh in Indian restaurants And since I saw the recipe on Marcela’s blog, I knew that I had to form its reception and in the week since spinach was on sale, what better.
I threw myself, within the end, I supported Marcela’s recipe, from the Food, Travel and Wine blog, which is in Spanish and English, i like to recommend them, and during this one that I found on the web , and that i didn’t put cheese thereon because I did not have it reception , I served it with golden potatoes and shrimp and that i converted the recipe to form one pot dirty and make it faster and easier, i used to be very happy because the taste was very authentic.
YOU MAY even be curious about the recipes : Recipe for sticky chickenPalak Paneer
PALAK PANEER INDIAN STYLE SPINACH
for 4 people
- 2 butter spoons
- 1 medium onion, chopped into small cubes
- a piece of ginger peeled and finely chopped (I used a 1cm x 2cm one)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala (if you cannot find it, you’ll make it reception by mixing an equivalent amount of ground cinnamon, ground cloves, and half ground black pepper)
- 2 cardamom seeds open it by hitting it with the knife and use only the interior seeds, discard the peel
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bundle of fresh spinach washed and coarsely chopped, discard the thick stems and roots
- 1 slice of fresh cheese dig cubes browned during a little oil, optional
- For this recipe, it’s good to possess all the ingredients ready and chopped.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat heat the butter and wait until it melts and begins to show golden brown, once you smell the butter, immediately add the chopped onion, ginger, garlic powder, garam masala, and seeds. of cardamom, stir, and cook for five minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the spinach and cook for five more minutes, taste, and adjust the seasoning consistent with your personal taste, I added more pepper and a touch salt. Cook for 10 minutes over low heat, stirring from time to time.
- With the blender, process the mixture until it’s to your liking, I prefer it with pieces, not 100% cream. If it’s very liquid, dissolve 1 tablespoon of flour in 2 of warm water and add, cook for 3 more minutes. Add the golden cheese and serve hot with basmati or long-grain rice, it’s the foremost traditional.
Note: Garam masala may be a mixture of spices like curry and different people make it in several ways, I like to recommend it with the ingredients that I prefer.
Tips & Variations
- Spinach: Use fresh tender spinach leaves. Remove the stems from the leaves if they’re dense or stringy. Tender stems are often added. you’ll also use frozen spinach rather than fresh spinach.
- Blanching: I might recommend blanching spinach during this recipe. Blanching removes the raw taste, bitterness, and metallic flavor of spinach thereby making it palatable without having any after taste. It also gets obviate harmful microorganisms and pesticide residues. It also helps to preserve the green color of the spinach leaves.
- Paneer: The paneer cubes also can be lightly pan-fried then added to the spinach sauce. For packaged paneer or frozen paneer follow the instructions written on the pack. If possible attempt to use fresh paneer or better to use Homemade Paneer.
- Special Ingredients: Kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves) and asafoetida (hing) are often skipped if you are doing not have these.
- Vegan options: you’ll substitute paneer with tofu during this recipe. I even have made palak tofu repeatedly and therefore the smooth spinach gravy tastes excellent with the tofu. you’ll use cashew or coconut milk in situ of normal cream or simply skip the cream altogether.
- Restaurant-style flavors: I also make a restaurant-style palak paneer recipe by smoking the dish using charcoal. This smoking method is additionally referred to as the dhungar method. I even have shown the smoking method intimately in my Dal Makhani recipe.