The contribution of vitamins and minerals in whey protein could be an ally when it comes to optimizing fat burning. Its amino acids promote muscle growth
The whey protein is a nutritional supplement that has become very popular worldwide. It is the liquid that is extracted during the production of cheese and constitutes 20% of the proteins present in milk.
In fact, it is valued for its high nutritional quality. Provides a significant amount of essential amino acids that improve health. It is also an important source of vitamins C, E and D, minerals such as calcium, potassium and magnesium.
However, it is a food not suitable for people who are lactose intolerant , since its intake could cause unfavorable reactions in digestion.
Now, aside from this detail, it is an ideal ingredient to improve the effects of the diet. Especially when the plan is to lose weight and increase muscle mass.
Do you know its benefits? Discover the main 8.
1. Promote muscle growth
Whey protein is one of the foods that can help promote muscle growth. Especially when accompanied by daily practice of strength training.
In addition, it provides nine essential amino acids and minerals that, when assimilated, help rebuild muscle fibers to increase their volume and strength.
Among other things, it is worth mentioning that:
- Increases the release of anabolic hormones to stimulate muscle growth.
- It contains leucine, an amino acid that improves protein synthesis in the muscles.
- It is easily absorbed in the body, surpassing other sources of amino acids.
You can also visit: 5 benefits of soy protein you should know
2. Helps fight overweight
While its high biological value proteins help increase lean body mass, its vitamins and minerals may improve processes that help burn fat more easily.
- All of these essential nutrients reactivate basal metabolism . Thus, they optimize energy expenditure from sources of carbohydrates, fat and sugars.
- On the other hand, it is a food that prolongs the feeling of satiety , which helps to control excessive calorie intake.
3. Control blood pressure
Thus, patients with blood pressure high can benefit your health to include this food supplement in their diet plans.
- Its benefits against this condition are attributed to peptides known as “angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors.” These promote the pumping of blood from the heart to other parts of the body.
4. Strengthens the immune system
This supplement contains an essential amino acid called cysteine, used in the body to produce glutathione.
- In this way, the substance helps reduce the negative effects of oxidative stress. In turn, it strengthens the immune system’s defenses to prevent inflammatory and infectious conditions.
5. Take care of the intestinal flora
Due to its nutritional composition, whey protein has been classified as a natural prebiotic. It is ideal to promote the regeneration of the bacterial flora that protects the intestines.
- The absorption of its amino acids and vitamins stimulates the activity of healthy bacteria. Thus, it creates a barrier against microorganisms that attack the system.
6. Reduces muscle and joint pain
Despite the fact that inflammatory compounds have been found in whole dairy products, whey protein is a food that could have the opposite effect when synthesized in the body.
- Its amino acids and minerals are muscle tonic that relieves inflammation and pain. It will help you especially after doing high impact physical activities.
- In addition, it has the ability to combat cellular inflammation, which is key to avoiding joint ailments.
You may be interested: Juices detox: benefits to lose weight and disadvantages
7. Protects against osteoporosis
Due to its low sodium content and significant contribution of calcium and vitamin D, whey is a good supplement to strengthen bones and prevent osteoporosis.
- These nutrients help maintain bone density in good condition, preventing premature wear and fractures.
8. Improves wound healing
Incorporating this food in the regular diet can promote the wound healing process , whether due to recent trauma, burns or surgical procedures.
- Its proteins of high biological value help regenerate tissues and support the healing process.
- It even promotes the natural growth of the skin, stimulating the activity of its cells.
To take into account!
- Despite its benefits, whey protein should be consumed in a moderate way. In fact, excesses could cause stomach upsets, headaches and nausea.
- Since its flavor is not the most pleasant, it can be added to smoothies and natural juices.
- It can also be purchased in commercial supplements to enhance the effects of training.