What are Birria Tacos?
Birria is one of the most famous recipes in the traditional cuisine of the State of Jalisco, whether we choose to taste the birria in its sauce or in tacos, what matters most is that the meat is very tender … Goat meat or lamb meat is the meats recommended for the elaboration of an authentic bírria, the price may be a bit higher than the beef though, but the taste is worth it:
These types of meat are delicious when used in a birria recipe! This recipe assumes that the reader needs to make their birria for these tacos from scratch, and a birria needs to simmer very slowly, which is why it takes so long to make this recipe, but these tacos are also a great presentation for use leftover birria from the day before!
The best birria tacos are a combination of two types of meat that makes the best balance of tender texture and succulence. Each taco gets a slow-cooked flavor from the adobo sauce. Make it with authentic Mexican flavor!
How To Make Birria Tacos – Recipe
Birria Tacos 😁 😋
- 20 corn tortillas
- 2 KG cubes of meat (usually goat or lamb)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 10 Cascabel peppers, seeded and deveined
- 8 Anchos peppers, seeded and deveined
- 3 tbsp tablespoons cumin
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 finely chopped onion
- Chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil and brown the garlic, onion and peppers in it until the onions have become translucent.
- Add two cups of water and the three tablespoons of cumin. Let everything boil for a few minutes.
- Completely liquify the above ingredients and strain this mixture through a Chinese to remove any last unwanted solids. Put the sauce on the heat and add 8 cups of water, mix it with the meat and chopped tomatoes.
- Simmer the meat on very low heat (4-5 hours) until it is cooked and flakes easily; once cooked, remove the meat from the broth and shred it completely with a fork, remove the excess liquids if there is too much to put the shredded meat back in: here we want a homogeneous mixture that is not really liquid.
- Heat the tortillas and garnish with this meat. Sprinkle chopped onion and a few cilantro leaves over it …
Enjoy & Bon appétit!😋😋
Don’t forget to check this out: Best Birria Near Me – November 2020: Find Nearby Birria …