Know all the benefits and how to make natural apple juice for babies recipe
Apple juice for babies recipe is very refreshing and healthy. In fact, the apple is the first fruit that we introduce in the complementary feeding of infants because it is one of the most nutritious fruits.
Its sweet taste facilitates the preparation of simple preparations, without additives and with many benefits for the growth of the child. This is a very popular fruit and the one that is most marketed in children’s products, since it provides important nutrients such as vitamins C, B (B1, B2 and B6) and K, in addition to phosphorus, calcium, potassium.
It is also rich in antioxidants and thanks to the presence of malic and tartaric acid facilitates digestion, especially when we consume a high fat content. It is equally perfect as a dessert and produces satiety when we are on a diet. It is very versatile, so know the benefits and how to make natural apple juice for babies.
READ ALSO: The best kids lunch box ideas
The first fruit in complementary feeding
When we start the period of ablactation or complementary feeding of the baby we do it with juices, compotes and apple-based purees, because it is a sweet fruit with an alkaline composition that facilitates the introduction of new flavors, different from breast milk or formula. (In Màh! we offer you a wide range of foods for your baby).
This fruit will always accompany us in the diet of children, since its juice is very beneficial to consume at any time of the day and on any occasion, even before sleeping. Apple juice can act as a natural relaxant, facilitating rest and providing a deeper and more pleasant sleep.
The apple is present in many desserts, in addition to achieving light foods allows us to make gelatin, cookies with oatmeal and nuts. It can also be an ideal accompaniment to a gluten-free pancake and other delicious preparations to make a variety of healthy snacks.
Of course! Here’s a simple recipe for homemade apple juice for babies:
Ingredients:Apple juice for babies recipe
2-3 apples (choose sweet varieties like Gala, Fuji, or Pink Lady)
Prepare the Apples: Start by washing the apples thoroughly to remove any dirt or pesticides. Peeling the apples is recommended for babies, as it makes the juice easier to digest and reduces the risk of choking on small apple pieces.
READ ALSO:The best drinks for babies
Remove the Cores: Use an apple corer or a knife to remove the cores and seeds from the apples. This step is important to prevent any hard or choking hazards.
- Cut the Apples: Cut the apples into small, evenly-sized pieces. This helps ensure that they cook evenly.
- Cook the Apples: Place the apple pieces in a small saucepan and add just enough water to cover them.
- Simmer the Apples: Cover the saucepan and simmer the apples over low to medium heat for about 10-15 minutes, or until they become soft and can be easily mashed with a fork.
- Mash or Blend: Once the apples are soft, remove them from heat and let them cool to a safe temperature for your baby. You can then mash the softened apples with a fork or use a blender to puree them to the desired consistency. For younger babies, a smoother, more liquid consistency is ideal.
- Adjust Consistency: If the apple sauce is too thick, you can add a little more water and blend it until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Serve: After the homemade apple juice has cooled further (if necessary), serve it to your baby in a suitable container or cup.
- Storage: Any leftover homemade apple juice can be refrigerated for a few days. Store it in an airtight container.
Next we will learn 2 easy ways to prepare apple juice.
Preparation mode 1:
- We will cut the apples into segments, removing the seeds. Following this we will place a saucepan over medium heat, which we will add the chopped apples and three cups of water.
- Let it boil for a few minutes until the water has color and the characteristic flavor of the apple.
- When we are ready we will remove from the heat, sweetening to taste with sugar.
- We will end up straining the juice and taking it to the refrigerator or it can be consumed even if it is warm.
Preparation mode 2:
- We will start by cutting the apples into strips, separating the seeds. Now we are going to take to the shredder or blender, until it has the appearance of a puree, (if it is very thick we can add a few tablespoons of water).
Finally, we will strain the applesauce, obtaining its juice and sweetening to taste.We will take to the refrigerator for a few minutes and enjoy.
Finally, the apple contains polyphenols that protect cells from oxidative stress, as well as other degenerative diseases. Some scientific studies have concluded that it can protect the brain from damage caused by free radicals and boost memory, as well as delay other aspects of aging. So we recommend incorporating this fruit into your daily diet and offer all the benefits by preparing natural apple juice for your baby.