Introducing the magnificent world of “Hearty Lentil Soup Variations,” where a harmonious blend of aromatic veggies, robust lentils, pasta, and generous sprinklings of parmesan cheese come together to create an unrivaled winter favorite. Prepare to savor the epitome of lentil soup perfection!
Hearty lentil soup variations is a typical Mediterranean dish. Both in Spain and Greece there are traditional recipes, although we can also find variants in Turkey or Latin America (in Chile these legumes are part of the New Year’s Eve rite, as they say they attract prosperity and wealth).Middle Eastern lentil soup is made from coral (or yellow) lentils that are boiled until soft and tender.
They are usually cooked with different vegetables or meat and are spiced according to the tastes of each country. Decades of trade with East Africa have influenced Gulf flavors by adding spices such as cloves and dried lime to their cuisine, while Iraq and the Levant (Syria, Jordan, Palestine and Lebanon) are inspired by the Indian subcontinent, using spices such as turmeric and cumin.
Its elaboration is similar to that of stewed lentils, only that they carry more water and aromatic plants and spices take on an important role here; in the Greek case (faki soupa) they throw it, for example, coriander, celery and cumin; Turks use the red lentil variety and are equally generous with cumin. You can add to this healthy soup, delicious ointment full of properties, vegetables at your convenience, always bearing in mind that it should be tasty. On this occasion, we present a recipe similar to the Greek. It is a vegetarian broth full of properties: lentil lovers should not rule out this new destination to discover.
The history of lentils dates back to the dawn of civilization and the region is proud to have so many varieties of this humble dish.
The recipes vary from family to family, but the concept is very simple. First, a stew made from different fresh vegetables and lentils. When the lentils become tender, they are mixed with the broth until you get a smooth and creamy soup. Fried vermicelli or bread croutons are then added to the soup for a touch of crunch.
Hearty lentil soup variations recipes
Servings: 4-6 people (main course) or 6-8 people (starter)
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
1. Ingredients for Hearty lentil soup variations
- 1.25 liters of vegetable broth (you can also use chicken, meat broth or water. Or a good quality bouillon cube)
- 250 g coral lentils
- 150 g carrots (either 1 large or 2 medium)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tomato
- 4-6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup wheat vermicelli
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/<> tablespoon olive oil
- 1/<> teaspoon salt
- 1/<> teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/<> teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli (cayenne pepper, optional if you don’t like too spicy dishes)
2. Preparation fo Best Hearty lentil Soup Variations Recipes
- Peel and cut your carrots into large pieces of about 1 cm.
- Peel your onion, remove the root and top and cut it into quarters.
- Wash your tomato and slice it into quarters, the skin will be removed later once boiled (it’s much easier).
- Peel your garlic cloves, chop some in half and set aside, the rest should be crushed lightly with your hand until they split.
- Place your cut vegetables, lentils and crushed garlic in a large pot.
- Add your broth or water to the pot and a teaspoon of cumin, heat over high heat and bring to a boil.
- When boiling, collect the tomato wedges and remove their skin, then plunge them back into the pot.
- Switch to low heat and simmer the soup for 45 minutes. The carrots must then be cooked and the lentils must be puffy and soft.
Mixing and seasoning
- Using a hand or stand blender (beware of mixing hot liquids), mix the broth and all the pieces of vegetables until you get a smooth mixture. Once mixed, the soup will have a creamy texture. Remove the soup from the heat and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, put 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high and add the two chopped garlic cloves.
- Sauté the garlic for about 30 seconds, then add the remaining cumin.
- Sauté the garlic and cumin for about 15 seconds, then add the vinegar.
- Mix and fry for another 15 seconds and pour the garlic mixture into the lentil soup.
- Add salt, pepper and chili powder, then mix well. Taste your soup and check the seasoning. You may need to add another 1/2 teaspoon of salt if your broth is low in sodium, or add more chili if you want it more spicy.
- In a saucepan, add the remaining olive oil and vermicelli and fry them over medium-high heat until they turn golden color. Stir constantly as they can burn quickly.
- Add the vermicelli to the soup and a glass of water to thin the soup. Bring to a boil once more and cook the noodles for 10 minutes.
- When the 10 minutes are up, your soup is ready. The vermicelli will have absorbed some water from the soup, so add more water to thin it. The soup should coat the back of a spoon without dripping, with a consistency similar to cream (or if you prefer a soup a little more liquid, just add a little more water).
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with coriander, thin slices of chili pepper and black seed seeds.
- Tip: If you want to go further, you can make bread croutons, which will add a good crunchy texture to the soup. Simply cut some pita or Lebanese bread into small pieces, then fry them for 30-60 seconds until golden brown, remove them from the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. They are perfect with soups or salads.
lets take a look about VEGAN LENTIL SOUP, MEXICAN RECIPE
VEGAN LENTIL SOUP, MEXICAN RECIPE
This Mexican lentil soup recipe is an authentic Mexican recipe. It is a delicious recipe, which is made in a single pot, on the stove and is easy to prepare.
This vegan lentil soup is full of flavor and vegetable protein, it is a favorite of my children.
1 second of 47 seconds Volume 0%
ABOUT THIS LENTIL SOUP RECIPE
This lentil soup is the perfect meal! It’s nutritious, makes you feel happy, and is full of flavor! Best of all, it’s easy to make and can be prepared in a single pot.
READ ALSO : What is birria meat?
- Flavor base. Celery, carrot, onion and garlic sautéed in olive oil with a pinch of salt
- Lentils. Dried green lentils that you can buy in any supermarket.
- Tomatoes or tomato puree.
- Liquid. Water or vegetable broth.
- Spices. 1 bay leaf, thyme and marjoram
HOW TO COOK LENTILS FOR SOUP?
- The joke of this soup with vegetables is the basis. Start by sautéing carrot, celery and chopped onion in olive oil and with a pinch of salt. Then you put the dried lentils, the herbs of smell and the tomato puree and let it boil over low heat.
- When they start to boil, check and leave until soft. I serve it with chopped parsley, but with any other fresh herb it tastes rich. You can serve it with oregano or with diced apple.
CAN THE SOUP BE FROZEN?
Yes, you can make double and freeze it. You can also serve it another day of the week with a tablespoon of brown rice, for example, and it will always taste very rich.
But if you decide to keep it longer, do not worry, it is one of the dishes that the more you leave in the refrigerator or freezer the richer it tastes.
This vegan lentil soup recipe is a super easy to make Mexican lentil soup recipe and in vegan version. It is a lentil soup recipe that is made on the stove and is a totally vegan recipe. This Mexican lentil vegan soup is vegan, it is a very easy recipe to prepare, this lentil soup recipe is filled with vegetables and amazing flavors.
0 seconds of 59 secondsVolume 90%
BENEFITS OF LENTILS
- Lentils are one of the easiest and fastest legumes to prepare. It is not necessary to soak them and you can cook them together with the sauce (or broth) and the rest of the vegetables.
- Look, lentils are wonderful, they are full of iron, protein, minerals, vitamin B and the best thing is that they have no saturated fats. So with a plate of a lentil stew it’s wonderful. Can you imagine how many nutrients and good things you’re eating? Many.
TYPES OF LENTILS
There are many types of lentils but the most common is light green and large size like the one seen in the photo. They are the ones I used to make the soup. There is also the Beluga, the French green du Puy, the peeled orange or the yellow.
TIPS & TRICKS
- As I told you before, lentils do not soak. But I do rinse them.
- I leave them draining before making the soup. This step is not necessary, but I feel calmer about doing it.
- To this soup you can put spinach, kale, broccoli, etc. Whatever you crave or have in the refrigerator.
- This soup is perfect with natural tomato or canned tomato. As you do it will look good.
- When I was a girl this soup was served with pieces of chopped apple. And still in the house there are times when the children ask me for chopped apple for soup. If you use acidic apples, it is richer.
If you liked the post-Hearty lentil soup variations you can share it on your favorite social networks (Twitter, Facebook, etc.…), ← you have different icons to click. Every day there will be new recipes and tricks for you, Follow us on Facebook @buzzrecipes12ShareShare