Juices detox concentrate a large amount of nutrients inside, especially when it comes to vitamins and antioxidants.
- Benefits of Juices detox for the diet
- Disadvantages of Juices detox
- Recommendations for a good Juices detox
Wanting to be and appear healthy is a day to day matter. The detox label has invaded our daily lives and now we attend the food market looking for the most natural products. The famous detox juices have driven us to drink, eat and think green.
This trend has been promoted by movie stars, singers, models and influencers and has had a great influence on many people who, today, are increasingly concerned with eating a healthier diet.
There are many benefits that this food movement brings, from weight loss to the purification of the body. However, there are also several disadvantages involved in basing your diet only on detox juices. We will see both points below.
Benefits of Juices detox for the diet
The benefits of Juices detox lie in the form of preparation and in the amount of fruits and vegetables to be combined.
You should know that its properties will not have a true effect if eating habits do not change and are maintained over time. Now its benefits are as follows:
1. They contain fiber
Juices are made with vegetables and fruits, and these are very rich in fiber . Increasing fiber intake is very positive and beneficial for your diet, since it improves intestinal transit, according to a study published in the journal “Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics”.
The interesting thing is to make detox smoothies with the most fiber-rich fruits or combine them with each other. This will help keep the intestine clean and improve intestinal transit if you suffer from constipation.
2. They provide many macronutrients
Detox juices contain various nutrient macros that are beneficial . Among them, we can mention the following:
- Magnesium : necessary to produce energy and for other physiological processes to take place.
- Calcium : important for bones and in cases of muscle contractions and nerve transmission.
- Manganese : Our mitochondria need this nutrient to stay healthy.
- Folic acid : prevents cardiovascular problems, according to research published in the journal “The American Journal of the Medical Sciences.”
- Betaine : It acts in the processes of hepatic purification.
3. You won’t even notice that you are consuming vegetables
For many people the taste of vegetables is intolerable. Fortunately, with detox juices they will forget about this detail.
If this happens to you too, you can consume your vitamins and minerals without feeling any rejection towards vegetables , since these juices are delicious.
4. Everything in a single glass
These juices are a great natural preparation . It is not unreasonable to say that they have a certain similarity with supplements that provide many vitamins with a single intake.
Perhaps with the daily routine it is difficult to consume during the day all the nutrients that the body needs. However, with the green juices it will help to carry out this task.
5. Preserves nutrients in food
In the process of preparing detox juices no heat is generated, so fruits and vegetables retain their properties .
Cooking food diminishes its natural benefits and this means that you cannot take advantage of all the nutrients they contain.
Disadvantages of Juices detox
Despite all the advantages of consuming detox juices, below, we are going to see some disadvantages if we decide to base our diet on this food strategy.
1. The chewing process is not followed
This is the first step in the digestive process. This is the signal that is sent to the brain to indicate that it is time to receive food.
Skipping this action regularly is not recommended . In the long term, it can generate some disorders in the body.
Discover: are apples good for constipation
2. Promote excessive consumption of glucose or fructose
Fruits are very rich in glucose and fructose. Therefore, abusing this type of juice can cause you to accumulate fat in your body and promote metabolic syndromes.
This does not mean that it is not positive to include them in the diet. However, basing your diet on just these juices may not give you the results you’re looking for.
3. They will make you want to eat more
Despite the fact that detox juices are very nutritious, if you do not consume any type of solid food for days, your stomach will start to ache with hunger.
The reason is that juices have a very easy digestive process . For this reason, even though taking them will satisfy you, after an hour you will be hungry again.
4. Lack of protein
If you only consume Juices detox, you may start to experience nausea, tiredness and headache. In addition, you will begin to lose muscle mass.
The reason for this is that they do not provide protein and this deficit can cause all those unpleasant symptoms. For this reason, it is best to use detox shakes when you fast or when you want to cleanse your intestines.
Recommendations for a good Juices detox
- Prepare your detox games with 2 or 3 vegetables for 1 piece of fruit . This will not generate increases in blood glucose.
- Vary the ingredients . Use seasonal vegetables and fruits. Prioritize those that are fresh.
- Find a liquid base, like cucumbers or celery . Add green leaves, like spinach, and end with a sweet fruit, it can be peaches or strawberries.
As you have seen, detox juices are a great option to accompany the diet . But keep in mind that this should not be the only thing you consume since the body needs all the nutrients for its proper functioning.