low carb sugar banana bread! Caring for your diet is not synonymous with restricting delicious desserts. Discover how to prepare a high-fiber banana cake to take care of the line while enjoying its sweet flavor.
Have a few very ripe bananas left in your fridge? Find out how to prepare a nutritious and delicious high-fiber banana cake. Currently, the cake is one of the main homemade desserts for its rich flavor, ease of preparation and accessible ingredients.
However, most recipes are high in sugars and saturated fats, so their nutritional intake is reduced and their regular consumption represents a health risk.
Excessive consumption of sugars and saturated fats is associated with the development of overweight and obesity , as well as chronic non-communicable diseases such as diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular diseases and some types of cancer.
However, a healthy diet can be carried out that allows the consumption of nutritious desserts and with properties that promote well-being . Enjoy the following recipes!
High fiber banana cake
By means of slight changes, you can prepare a high-fiber banana cake that contributes to our nutrition . The substitution of white flour refined by natural flour (such as oats, almonds or coconut), provides soluble and insoluble fiber for proper gastrointestinal function.
As highlighted in a post in Current Developments in Nutrition , fiber reaches the colon as a prebiotic. Prebiotics are oligosaccharides that serve as a food substrate for microorganisms present in the intestinal tract (microbiota).
Maintaining a balanced microbiota allows the body to be protected against harmful microorganisms, in addition to promoting vitamin synthesis and anti-inflammatory activity.
Likewise, exchanging butter or oil for seeds or peanut butter, helps the incorporation of unsaturated fatty acids that have cardioprotective, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects .
The consumption of food sources rich in unsaturated fatty acids regulate anti-inflammatory activity at the vascular level and through the microbiota.
Finally, the importance of using the natural sugar present in fruits (fructose) to provide a smooth and delicious sweetness is stressed.
Here are two recipes for a high-fiber, low-sugar banana cake that are nutritious, quick, simple, and above all, tasty.
Don’t miss: Does diet influence the immune system?
Banana cake high in fiber and low in sugars
- 2 cups of oatmeal (400 g)
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder (30 g)
- 1/3 cup skim milk (84 ml)
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda (7 g)
- 1/3 cup of molasses sugar (80 g)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder (7 g)
- 1 cup of mashed banana (200 g)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (80 ml)
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts (100 g)
- 2 teaspoons of stevia (15 g, optional)
- First, preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Then grease a cake pan.
- Next, mix the bananas, sugar, oil, milk and egg whites in a deep bowl.
- Next, add the oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and chopped walnuts.
- To finish, pour the mixture into the mold and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Discover: 3 Healthy Ways to Cook Fish
Paleo banana sponge cake with chocolate chips
- 1 and ¼ cup mashed bananas (250 g)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (5 ml)
- ¼ cup of peanut butter (50 g)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut or almond flour (100 g)
- Pinch of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder (3.5 g)
- a pinch of salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (100 g)
- To start, preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Grease a cake pan.
- Separately, in a deep bowl, combine the bananas, vanilla, and peanut butter; mix until combined. Then, with the use of the mixer, add the coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; mix again until the dough is well integrated. Add the chocolate chips.
- Incorporate the mixture into the mold and pour a handful of chocolate chips. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and chill for 20 minutes.
- Finally, remove from the mold and cut into 12 slices.
Notes: For best results, use ripe bananas (with black spots).
Feed your body with respect, learn about the functional foods on hand, and use them wisely to create delicious recipes that keep you healthy.
read also:LOW CARB SUGAR FREE BANANA BREAD