Fish is one of the healthiest foods that we can include in the diet. However, when preparing it, it is important to know how to choose the supplements so as not to exceed the calories.
Fish is one of the foods that has gained great popularity among those who want to eat a healthy diet. In most of its presentations it is characterized for being rich in proteins, omega 3 fatty acids and mineral salts. Do you want to learn how to prepare fish without exceeding your calories?
In order to maintain the concept of a balanced and healthy diet, it is essential to know how to choose supplements when making recipes with fish . Although by itself it is a food of high nutritional value, the way of preparing it influences a lot on the benefits that it brings to the body.
Why should you prepare fish regularly?
As we have mentioned, fish is a nutritious and versatile food that can bring interesting benefits to the body. Thanks to its omega 3 fatty acid content, it is good for promoting cardiovascular and cognitive health.
It is even one of the recommended foods to regulate cholesterol and prevent cardiovascular disease. In addition, it helps fight inflammation and helps maintain optimal physical and mental performance.
Best of all, its possibilities when preparing it are quite varied: it can be steamed, smoked, in sauces, fried, grilled, among others. However, in order not to exceed calories, it is best to opt for those light fat options that include other healthy ingredients.
Also read: garlic benefits for women
3 Healthy Ways to Cook Fish
We propose 3 ways to prepare fish with ingredients that do not exceed the recommended amount of calories per day. They are light dishes that can be enjoyed both at lunch and at dinner. Do you dare to try them?
1. Sautéed salmon with vegetables
Salmon is one of the best options when preparing recipes with fish. It is a food that stands out for its high content of omega 3 and proteins of high biological value. In addition, it is very low in calories and its cooking does not require too much fat.
- 2 salmon loins
- Green beans (100 g)
- Mushrooms (100 g)
- ½ yellow pepper
- ½ red pepper
- A garlic clove
- Soy sauce (to taste)
- 1 lime
- Olive oil (what is necessary)
- To start, chop the green beans and peppers.
- Next, clean the mushrooms and cut them into slices.
- Separately, in a frying pan, heat a little olive oil and add a rolled garlic clove and the chopped vegetables.
- Cook over low heat for 6 or 7 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Add salt to taste and reserve.
- Later, cook the salmon loins on the grill or in the microwave.
- Then, in a bowl, mix the soy sauce with a couple of tablespoons of oil, lime zest and a little juice.
- Finally, serve the salmon with the sautéed vegetables and spread the dressing over the preparation.
2. Tuna with onions
Tuna is one of the varieties of bluefish with the highest content of healthy fats. Its consumption is recommended as a supplement to lower levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides in the blood. In addition, it also stands out for its protein content (up to 23%).
- 4 tuna medallions (200 g each)
- 2 large onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- Pitted green olives (200 g)
- Dry white wine (250 ml)
- Olive oil (the necessary)
- Salt and black pepper
- First, peel and cut the onions into julienne strips. Also, peel and chop the garlic cloves.
- Besides, heat a little olive oil in a frying pan.
- Subsequently, sauté the onion and garlic, over low heat, for 10 or 15 minutes,
- Meanwhile, blanch the olives in boiling water. When the water comes to a boil, remove from the heat and run through cold water.
- Then rinse the tuna loins in cold water so that they bleed well. Dry them with kitchen towels.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the tuna medallions and brown them in a pan with hot oil.
- Add the white wine to the onion skillet and, when it comes to a boil, add the tuna medallions.
- Let it cook 3 or 5 minutes more and, finally, serve with the olives.
3. Lemon fish with parsley
To prepare this lemon fish with parsley, we suggest using sea bass fillets; however, you can replace them with any other variety of fish. Ready to try it? Follow the instructions and enjoy it at your next meal.
- 4 skinless bass fillets
- ½ teaspoon of salt (2.5 g)
- Pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup of lemon juice (125 ml)
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil (80 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of butter (15 g)
- Capers (50 g)
- ½ bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- First, season the bass fillets with salt and pepper.
- Next, in a skillet, cook the steaks in a little vegetable oil and butter.
- When they are lightly browned, flip them over.
- Then, add the lemon juice and capers.
- Cook 5 to 8 minutes over medium-low heat.
- To finish, remove from heat and sprinkle with a little chopped parsley before serving.
Do you dare to prepare fish with these ideas? As you can see, they are easy recipes to prepare, which combine light ingredients and good for health. Follow the instructions and enjoy its taste at home.
read also:6 Healthy Ways to Cook Fish