Quinoa and Black Beans: an exceptional balance of protein, fat, oil and starch, as well as a high degree of basic amino acids for human development. It is also rich in minerals like iron, calcium and phosphorous, and vitamins. It can be used in stews, it can be added to soups, it can be used as cereal, pasta, salads and it is even fermented to obtain beer or chicha, a traditional drink from the Andes. Ground, it can be used to make different types of bread. It is considered a medicinal plant by most of the Andean peoples. Among its most frequent uses can be mentioned the treatment of abscesses, haemorrhages, dislocations and cosmetics.
Quinoa and Black Beans is very simple, it gives for 3 people and is ready in less than half an hour. I have taken it from Epicurious, a magnificent website full of delicious recipes, which also has an application that you can download for free. It allows you to make the market list based on what you are selecting, save your favorite recipes in a file and send them by email, among other facilities.
did you know:The best Good Old Fashioned Pancakes
This salad contains all the essence of the country in which it is inspired, it is full of color and contrasts, it is casual, fun and great. In addition, it is very nutritious and serves us perfectly as a unique dish on hot days.
- Prep15 m
- Cook35 m
- Ready In50 m
|QUANTITY / measure
|very well washed
|Sweet corn (canned)
|FOR THE DRESSING
|seedless and finely chopped
|2 C. tureens
|Extra virgin olive oil
|2 C. tureens
- Prepare the mise en place.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, put the quinoa and add twice as much water (about 500 ml) with salt.
- When the water starts to boil, lower the heat. Let cook about 15 minutes with the pot covered.
- When the water has been absorbed, remove from the heat.
- Put the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer, go through cold water and drain well.
- In a large bowl, mix the cold quinoa, beans, onion, avocado, and corn. Reserve in the fridge.
- In a bowl, mix the dressing ingredients very well.
- Pour the dressing over the bowl with the quinoa . Mix very well.
- Finish off by scattering more coriander.
Don’t miss:The best Yogurt-Marinated Chicken Shawarma
Per Serving: 153 calories;
1.7 g fat; 27.8 g carbohydrates;
7.7 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol;
517 mg sodium.