Whether you are a vegan practitioner or not, these recipes will give you new ideas to make very nutritious and healthy snacks based on plant elements.
You may have guests who follow a vegan or vegetarian diet and want to surprise them. Or you are looking for healthy ways to snack between meals. Therefore, below we offer you 3 delicious and vegan snacks.
These recipes are easy and quick to prepare. They are made with healthy and nutritious ingredients that will fill you with energy throughout the day. Try them because they are irresistible!
3 easy vegan snacks healthy to prepare
1. Avocado and almond cream
Avocado cannot be missing in these vegan snacks and it is also a very complete food to enrich any menu. It is a good source of vegetable protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids.
In addition, in this recipe, we propose to combine it with almond, rich in protein, fiber and phytosterols. These components are very beneficial in helping to reduce cholesterol levels.
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ cup of almonds (70 g)
- ½ cup of water (125 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (15 ml)
- Smoked paprika
- First, leave the almonds to soak for 1 hour or the night before.
- Then drain the almonds and beat them with ½ cup of water.
- Then strain and beat the liquid without the pulp with the avocados.
- Add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and smoked paprika to taste.
- This cream can be taken as a starter, as a sauce or to “dipping” with fried potatoes or raw vegetables. In addition, we can season it with other spices to our liking.
- In addition, the pulp of the almond can be used in confectionery or to thicken stews.
2. Vegan snacks: lentil hummus
Perhaps we already know hummus, an oriental recipe originating in Egypt that today is consumed almost everywhere in the world. However, in this case, we propose to use lentils instead of chickpeas. The truth is that we could prepare it with any legume.
This recipe has the great advantage of facilitating the consumption of legumes, especially for those who do not like them very much . In addition, it provides us with a good portion of vegetable protein and fiber.
- 2 cups of cooked lentils (400 g)
- 3 tablespoons tahini or toasted sesame cream (45 g)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- Cumin powder
- Fresh parsley
- Black pepper
- To start, add the lentils, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil to the blender or food processor. Beat well until a very fine texture remains.
- Then season with salt and cumin to our liking. In addition, it is better to put little and add.
- Then serve on a flat plate and garnish with fresh parsley and a splash of olive oil. We can also add a little paprika to give it a touch of color.
- Hummus is excellent as an aperitif and is usually accompanied with Arabic bread.
3. Gazpacho with basil
Finally, gazpacho is a healthy and refreshing recipe that provides us with a large amount of vitamins and minerals. This traditional Spanish dish is made with fresh vegetables that we can combine according to our preferences.
In this case, we propose to give it a different touch with fresh basil. In addition to being highly aromatic, this plant is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory, so it also helps us with its medicinal virtues.
Gazpacho is a perfect starter, and not just for vegans, especially if the food is going to be consistent. However, it can also be an aperitif at any time of the day and an ideal drink for the hottest days .
- 6 very ripe tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil (45 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar (30 ml)
- 1 sprig of fresh basil leaves
- First, cut the tomato, cucumber, and bell pepper into pieces.
- To prepare this gazpacho we only have to beat all the ingredients together for at least 1 minute. However, it is important that there are no lumps.
- Then we refrigerate the drink to serve it cold.
- Finally, if we wish, we can garnish with a couple of basil leaves.
Do you want to try these delicious vegan snacks? They are a simple and pleasant way to take care of yourself and enrich your diet. And the whole family will like them.
read also:24 Healthy Vegan Snack Ideas