How to make egg fry Who doesn’t love eggs for breakfast? They are not only important sources of protein, they also taste great and can be served in many different varieties. Are you looking for an alternative to the classic, boiled breakfast egg? Then we from the buzzrecipes cooking studio have a tip ready for you with which you can bring a welcome change to the breakfast table.
By frying the eggs in the pan instead of boiling them, they get a completely different consistency and can be cooked in combination with bacon or other ingredients – for a great start to the day.
The edge is crispy, the yolk is still runny, that’s how fried eggs should be. Three things are decisive for the perfect result: the choice of pan, the right frying fat and the perfect temperature.
For frying , we recommend a nonstick skillet. This saves frying fat and the egg does not stick to the bottom. Heat a little butter until it foams but doesn’t turn brown. Instead of butter, you can also use unflavored vegetable oils. Carefully beat the desired amount of eggs on the edge of the pan, slide in and let set over medium heat .
The fried egg is ready quickly. After just a few minutes, the egg white will solidify while the yolk is still nice and liquid. If you want the underside to be more browned and the yolk to be firmer, the fried egg has to cook longer. The seasoning comes at the end. A small pinch of salt is often enough to round off the taste.
Read also: baby scrambled eggs
How many calories does a fried egg have?
1 fried egg has around 120 kcal. To save a few calories, there are two preparation methods that do not require any fat.
A variant goes like this: Bring 2 tablespoons of mineral water to the boil in a pan, crack open the egg and fry. For the other variant, bring the pot with water to the boil and put on a large plate with freshly beaten egg. The fried egg is gently cooked by the steam flowing from the bottom up.
Can I also make fried eggs in the oven?
In addition to the classic preparation in the pan, fried eggs can also be baked in the oven – a clever idea when many guests announce themselves for breakfast . This way you can cook several fried eggs at once.
Add a little melted butter per mold, diced ham or bacon and 1 egg if you like so that the yolks don’t break. Then season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven at 175 ° C (top / bottom heat) for about 8 minutes. Garnish with chopped chives to serve .
How do I get a fried egg flower?
Whether for Mother’s Day , birthday or Easter brunch , surprise your loved ones with a special breakfast idea . With the help of molds you can transform fried eggs into beautiful flowers, hearts or perfect circles.
Homemade forms made from vegetables are nice and cheap. The popular flower pattern is created with the help of a paprika . Remove the end of the stem, take out the seeds and cut into 4 approx. 1.5 cm thick rings. Heat 2 tbsp butter in a large pan. Fry the bell pepper rings in it for about 1 minute on each side, then turn. Beat the eggs one after the other and slide them into each ring. Let it set over low heat for about 10 minutes. Arrange on toast – done!
Brush purchased forms * with oil before preparing them. Then heat the oil in a coated pan. Put in the molds and fry an egg in each over low heat. Finally, carefully remove the crushed egg.
Now let’s talk about something very important: How to make a perfect fry. Cooking techniques
The last of the basic cooking techniques that we were teaching you is frying. Do not worry because in a few days we will start with the specific cooking techniques, such as: the papillote, the glaze, the poached or the confit. But as I was saying, first we are going to learn how to make a perfect fry.
Frying is the cooking of the product by immersion in very hot oil or fat, so that a crust forms on the outside and the inside is juicy. They can be made small or large pieces, and it can be by direct frying or with batter.
For example, how do you make french fries? The case of French fries is a frying without batter; They should be added to the hot oil without any traces of water. The frying must be quick without stirring excessively, browning the potatoes equally. Well, so far I have given many clues as to what a perfect frying should be.
There are several kinds of frying, with batter and without batter. Also within the batter we have different types:
- Floured, it consists of going from the flour directly to the hot oil for frying.
- The batter, we wrap the product first in flour, then we egg it and fry it. The flour helps the egg adhere to the product. We mainly use it, in the kitchen, to fry fish and vegetables.
- The breading, there are many ways of this. The most common way of breading is to go through flour, then through egg, and lastly through breadcrumbs. And we can use it in a multitude of genres, meats, fish, croquettes, etc.
- The Orly batter is a type of pasta through which the products are passed, and when they are fried they are crunchy, golden and fluffy as well. The most common way to do it is with beer. It is the one that is used the most. Beer can be substituted for carbonated water or water and chemical yeast. Oil, salt, water with chemical yeast or beer and flour are added. It is the best known and the easiest to use.
The keys to making perfect frying are:
- We must always use a clean oil. Clean, it does not mean single use, depending on the type of oil to be used. In general, the most frequently accepted frying is virgin olive oil of the picual variety.
- We must apply the batter just before frying. If we put it a while before, the safest thing is that the flour, breadcrumbs, etc. that we use, suck water from the product and a paste is formed and the batter will not be correct.
- The amount of oil must be just right. Not too much, not too little. It must allow us to reach a high temperature without the risk that when adding the product it cools quickly (little oil) or if we add the product that is taken away (too much oil).
- Do not change the product side by puncturing it. If we puncture it, the water will come out of the interior spoiling the result.
- When removing the products from the oil, we must drain them as soon as possible. It is best to use absorbent papers. If we leave them oily, one on top of the other, the only thing we will achieve is that when they cool down they become soft.
- It is best to eat the fried ones hot. Although good, this for tastes, I personally like cold breaded steaks of meat or chicken. But I am weird for some things.
It may interest you: How long to boil potatoes
Now about How to make egg fry
Step by step to the perfect breakfast egg
Would you like to fry eggs in a pan but don’t know exactly how to prepare them?
In just two steps to the perfect fried egg.
1.Heat the pan and add a little oil or butter if you like.
2.Beat the eggs as fried eggs in the frying pan that is not too hot, salt and fry until the egg white is firm and white.
Step by step to the perfect scrambled eggs
1.Whisk the eggs in a bowl with a little mineral water or milk.
2.Fry in the pan over low heat, stirring regularly with a spatula.
3.As soon as the eggs are curdled and loose, the scrambled eggs are ready and can be seasoned with salt and pepper.
So you see, the preparation is just as easy as it is reliable and promises true breakfast enjoyment. Try a fried egg and convince your loved ones at home of the great taste straight from the pan.
Don’t miss Top 5 Fried Egg Recipes You Must Try!
1. Fried egg tarte flambée with bacon
Life without tarte flambée is possible, but pointless. That’s why I’m always happy about delicious versions of the classic. This one with fried egg , bacon and spring onions won me over immediately. I prefer to make the tarte flambée when guests come for brunch . They are just as happy about it as I am.
2. 25-minute mincing pan with fried avocado egg
If cooking after work has to go really fast but still needs to be warm, this pan made of all my favorite ingredients is my salvation. I always have almost all the ingredients for the stir-fry at home, and I buy mince and avocados in the supermarket around the corner on the way home.
3. Asian noodles with vegetables and fried eggs
I like to eat Asian for lunch . Admittedly: I often go to the Asian snack bar. But sometimes not, and then I like to cook Asian noodles with vegetables. They are tasty, healthy and keep you full for a long time. The fried egg is the icing on the cake. When the egg yolks pour over the food, my mouth is watering. This fried egg recipe belongs in the category: definitely try it!
4. Fried potatoes with minute steak and fried egg
Home-style cooking to my liking: when the crispy fried potatoes with a minute steak topped with a fried egg are in front of me, I can’t resist. Vegetarians can simply leave out the meat. The combination of eggs and potatoes alone makes you happy.
5. Faster Croque Madame
Croque Madame is like Croque Monsieur , only viiiiiieeeeel better! Because while the gentleman “only” comes up with a cheese gratinated ham sandwich, Madame adds one more thing, a fried egg, to be precise. For me, one of the best fried egg recipes for dinner because it’s quick and easy to make.
Kisses for all!!
If you liked this recipe you can contact us on buzzrecipes.com and you will receive new recipes in your email.
How to make egg fry